[intro]In this Guide you’ll learn how to embed your Google Business Profile on a Webpage on your EKM online shop. [/intro]
[caution]Before beginning this Guide, you must ensure that you have opened a Google Business Profile by following the instructions here. Bear in mind that you may need to wait around a fortnight for a postcard from Google to arrive to help you to confirm your physical address. [/caution]
1. When you have created your Google Business Profile, open a tab on your browser and visit Google Maps. Look up your business and click on the appropriate pin to open the side panel, before clicking the Share symbol:
2. In the window that opens, click Embed A Map:
3. Now you need to click the Copy HTML button:
4. In a separate browser tab, log into your EKM online shop, and click Design on the left-hand menu:
5. Click Webpages:
6. Click Edit Page for the Webpage you’d like to embed your Google Business Profile onto:
7. In the Edit Webpage window, slick the grey Source button:
8. Now you need to scroll to the bottom of any existing text and code, and paste in the HTML:
9. Your next step is to amend the ‘width=”600”’ within the code to ‘width=100%’, like this:
10. Finally, click the Save & Close button:
11. When the cache has cleared on your EKM online shop, visitors will be able to view the map on your Webpage. If they click View Larger Map:
12. This will redirect them to your Google Business Profile in a separate browser tab, where they can see your location, and can leave a review for your business there if they wish:
Do I need to create a Google Business Profile if I don’t have a physical, brick-and-mortar shop?
Yes, as this not only helps potential visitors find your business via Google Maps but provides an additional place where they can leave reviews, which is useful if you have not set up a profile on a third-party platform yet, such as Reviews.io and Trustpilot. You can read more here.
Are there certain guidelines I need to follow on my Google Business Profile?
Yes, there are some restrictions that Google details here.
Why can I not embed Google Reviews on my EKM online shop?
You can, but Google has only made this possible via their API, therefore you would need to purchase the services of a developer or a third-party company to facilitate this.
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Ecommerce Expert or the Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions Board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. If you need some inspiration for your EKM online shop, listen to our podcast on iTunes and Spotify.[/contact]