[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you will have installed the Import/Export System onto your EKM online shop and downloaded a spreadsheet to use when either editing existing Products or adding new Products.[/intro]
Before you begin this Guide, you should understand how to use the EKM Edit Product window, bulk add Product Images, Product Variants, Attributes and Category Management.
The Import/Export System feature is used to export lists of Products, Categories, lists of Product and Category Images, Customer Details and Orders onto spreadsheets. It can also be used to import data too, such as new Products and Categories and edits to those Products and Categories too.
Creating a template spreadsheet
When working with the Import/Export System feature, we recommend that you create a template spreadsheet first to work with. This involves exporting your Products to a spreadsheet and deleting all but one from the spreadsheet to use as an example.
If you are adding completely new Products to your EKM online shop, before you create your spreadsheet, manually add a Product first using the Edit Product window, which will become your Template Product. Ensure that this Product has all of the possible fields completed, including Price, Description, Name, Product Images, Product Code, Brand and any Custom Attributes (such as SKU, GTIN or MPN) that you would like to add to all of your other new Products.
If some of your new Products have Variants, such as different colours or sizes, ensure that your template Product has the same. This ensures that when you create your spreadsheet, you can use this template Product as a guide for adding details onto the rest of your new Products.
When you have completed this task, you need to bulk upload all of the Product Images for your other new Products to your File Manager. You can read about how to do this here. When the Product Images have been uploaded and the template Product has been created, you need to generate your spreadsheet, by using the Import/Export System feature.
1. Log into your EKM online shop and click the Features tab:
2. Click the Feature Library tab:
3. Scroll down to the Product Management features, and click the View More button:
4. Click the Import/Export system icon:
5. Click the Install Feature button:
6. Now you need to click the Launch button:
7. Your next step is to click Export Data, to export your template Product onto a spreadsheet:
8. Then click Export Products:
9. Keep the box ticked for All Products and click Continue To Choose Fields:
10. Leave all of the checkboxes on this page ticked and click Continue To Choose Download Type:
11. If you have under 500 products to edit or bulk add to your website, select a CSV file. If you have more products than this, select an XLXS file:
12. Click the link to download the template spreadsheet. You’ll then see this message. Click the link to download the spreadsheet to your computer:
Click the link provided to download your spreadsheet and then choose from the following guides:
- Adding new Products without Variants
- Adding new Products with Variants
- Editing Existing Products
- Editing Existing Products with Variants
- Adding Customers via Spreadsheets
- Claiming your free EKM domain name
- Adding an SSL Certificate to your EKM online shop
- Purchasing an email address on EKM Domains
- Submitting your EKM online shop to Google
- Social Plugins
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]