[intro]Before you begin, you need to have opened an account on the Stax trade website. When you have completed this Guide, you will have launched and set up your own Stax shop. [/intro]
- Installing the Import/Export System feature
- Setting up your Stax shop
- Selecting your Categories
- Stax Settings
Stax has partnered with EKM to offer a feature-packed online shop that comes with over 40,000 Stax products. It’s a hassle-free setup - simply sign up and select your nearest Stax branch and the products you wish to stock. Any changes to the Stax inventory will also update automatically, saving you time and money.
Because the shop is automatically updated by Stax, it is different from a standard EKM online shop. To begin, you need to open an EKM online shop account via this form only, as a standard EKM online shop account cannot take a feed from Stax. Once you have opened your Stax shop via the link provided, you can begin the next steps to set your shop up.
Installing the Import/Export System feature
The Import/Export System is a feature which allows you to edit the contents of your shop using spreadsheets, which is essential on Stax shops which typically have a large inventory. You will need to install this feature for your Stax shop to work.
1. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab on the top right-hand side of the page:
2. On the Features page, scroll down and click the icon for the Import/Export System:
3. You then need to click the green Install Feature button on the bottom right-hand side:
4. When the feature has been installed, you will see this page:
[tips]The next stage of setting up your Stax shop will require you to keep your browser open for several hours whilst your shop is populated with products. It would be a good idea at this point to ensure that you have a good, uninterrupted online connection for the duration of this import. [/tips]
Setting up your Stax shop
5. To begin, you need to click Import From Feed:
6. You now need to click on Stax Feed:
7. You now need to click the relevant Stax store from the list provided. Generally, this is the nearest store to you in terms of location but if you’re not sure, contact Stax directly; contact details are available in the footer of this Guide:
8. Once you have chosen your store, you then need to add in your Stax discount. This will be a discount that will apply to all products imported into your site. Stax will inform you what this discount amount is. When you have configured these settings, you need to click the green Continue button:
Selecting your Categories
9.You can now choose which categories you would like to import onto your shop by clicking the relevant folders in the list provided by clicking the crosses to reveal subcategories, or alternatively by clicking the Select All button to import all categories. When you have selected your categories, you need to click the green Import Categories button on the bottom right-hand side of the page:
10. On the next page, you need to select the Markup Amount of the products in the categories you’ve chosen to import. In this example, I’ve chosen to import the Candles category, which is in the subcategory Fancy Goods of the Homewares category:
11. By clicking the crosses on the folders, I locate the Candles category and the Price Markup window will appear. In here, I need to select the Markup/Markdown price using the drop-down and selecting whether to use a percentage or monetary amount using the fields provided, before clicking the Set Markup button:
[remember]You can choose individual categories to Markup or Markdown at this point. If you choose not to Markup or Markdown your prices, the feed will simply use the base prices supplied on the Stax feed. [/remember]
12. When you have adjusted your prices, you’ll see green ticks appear on the folders, so you’ll know that those prices have been applied. Click the green Begin Import button on the right-hand side:
[important] EKM will now begin the import process. Please note if you choose to import all of Stax categories the import time is normally around 5-6 hours to complete. Please ensure you do not close the page or interrupt the process during this time. You may see some errors during this process, but this is normal. Wait until the process has completed before continuing.[/important]
13. Once the import has been completed, you need to click the green Done button:
14. This will return you to the Import/Export System feature. To view your Products, you can either click the Shop tab or view all of the stock at once by installing the Advanced Inventory Manager feature.
15. You can access your Stax Settings within your shop by clicking the Settings tab in the top right-hand corner:
You then need to click Stax Settings in the bottom left-hand menu:
This will reveal the settings you saw earlier on in the setup process, where you can set the prices for each of your chosen categories as before, clicking the crosses on the folders to locate your chosen categories.
[remember]If you choose to update these settings, you will need to wait for the feed to update for those changes to be visible. Stax shops are updated daily during the very early hours of the morning, so any edits you’ve made will not be visible until the following day.[/remember]
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]