[intro] The Web Statistics feature is an easy-to-use analytics platform that will allow you to see the most popular pages of your EKM online shop, how customers come to your shop, and how many of them have visited.
The Web Statistics feature is used to monitor the traffic on your EKM online shop to help you better understand how your shop is being found within search results and where your visitors are coming from. You can use the data from it to better promote and advertise your EKM online shop, tailoring your content to your customers.
[remember]This is a chargeable feature, which is £4.99 (+VAT) per month. If you have installed it in error, please follow the instructions at the bottom of this Guide to cancel the account. [/remember]
Installing the Web Statistics feature
1. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab:
2. Click the Feature Library tab:
3. Scroll down to the Conversions features and click the View More button on the right-hand side:
4. Click the Web Statistics icon:
5. Click the green Install Feature button:
6. Click the Launch button:
7. Click the green Login button:
8. You’ll then see the Web Statistics Dashboard:
9. It will be empty to begin with, as Web Statistics only begins to monitor your EKM online shop traffic after it is installed - it cannot retrieve the details of any visitors prior to the point of installation. Allow the feature to run for a week or two and allow it to collect some data for you, before logging in to review the results. You can monitor your visitors according to year and month by using the drop-down menu on the top right-hand side of the page:
Below the main graph at the top of the page, you can see the Overview - a summary of your Site Activity and Most Popular Referrals:
This is the number of visitors you have had to your shop since Web Statistics was installed and began monitoring traffic.
Total Page Views
This is the number of pages that the visitors listed above have looked at one your shop.
This is the average made up of the two above figures.
Here the most popular search engine used to find your EKM online shop is listed.
These are keywords that visitors used within search engines to locate your EKM online shop.
Referrers are the sites and platforms that the visitors were on before they clicked through to your EKM online shop. As an example, these can be search engines, blog posts and Facebook Pages.
Refers to the country of origin for the majority of your visitors.
This refers to the most popular screen view that your visitors use.
This is the most popular operating system used by visitors who have been to your EKM online shop.
To the left-hand side of the page, there are a number of headers you can click on to display more in-depth data on the main part of the page:
Clicking this header will reveal the most popular search engine used by visitors to discover your EKM online shop:
Clicking this header will reveal a list of keywords that visitors have entered into search engines to find your EKM online shop:
This will reveal the site or platform visitors were on immediately before they came to your EKM online shop:
Clicking this header will reveal the tabs you can click to discover the Top Web Browser, Top Operating Systems and Top Screen Resolutions for all of the visitors that have been monitored on your EKM online shop:
1. At the top of the page, click the Settings tab:
2. This will display the primary domain name of the EKM online shop being monitored by Web Statistics. Click the Exclude Visitors tab:
3. On this page, you can set configure the feature to exclude the results of any specific IP addresses so that your data is more accurate. Click the Exclude Visitor button:
4. In the window that appears, add the IP address you want to exclude before clicking the green Save button:
[remember] As this is a chargeable feature if you wish to cancel it at any time, you will need to contact our Customer Support Team to uninstall the Feature and cancel the account for you. Uninstalling the feature will not cancel the account. [/remember]
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]